26th to 28th July 2019
IIM Bangalore’s international business summit Vista 2019, in association with ENS, presents Smart City. India is undergoing a strong transformation and ideas involving technological, institutional or managerial reforms will help design the new-age India we dream of.
With its collaborative and focused approach, India is capable enough of achieving its ambitious plan of 100 Smart Cities but for such ambitions, it is very crucial than ever for India to stay realistic and focused.
Smart solutions are those realistic ideas that impact and strengthen the city’s governance or its physical, social, or economic infrastructure. As environmentally conscious citizens, plan your cities for the future and ensure to make them environmentally sustainable and economically viable.
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
- Round 1 is an elimination round
- The detailed problem statement will be accessible on Dare2Compete after registration
- Participants are required to submit a PPT with a max. 10 slides including Title and “thank you”/annexure slides OR a word document of NOT MORE than 3 pages outlining your proposal for the smart city plan
- The smart city plan should also include an approximate cost estimate of implementing the proposed solutions/infrastructural developments and the timeframe for developing/installing the suggested infrastructure.
- Participants are not required to create an index page. Participants can add a maximum of 1 page of annexures/supporting documents over and above the 3-page limit. In no way, should the 3-page limit be violated.
Round 2 (On-Campus Finals):
- The shortlisted teams will further work on their solution & make minor modifications/refinements in the previously submitted proposals.
- The final solution will be a max presentation of not more than 15 slides.
- The teams will have to travel to the IIM Bangalore campus and present the solution to an elite panel of judges.
- The teams would be allowed 10 minutes for presentation, followed by 4 minutes of Q&A from the judges.
- Teams will be evaluated on the technical feasibility and implementation viability of their proposed plans.
- The participants will need to focus on long-term sustainability and are expected to factor in the environmental impact of their decisions.
- Further details will be shared with selected teams separately
Prizes worth Rs. 30,000
- Teams must comprise max. 2 members, both of whom must be enrolled in a graduate or a post-graduate program at the time of the submission.
- Each team must have a Team Leader.
- Both the students in the team can be from different institutes
- Only the first submissions made by teams before the deadlines will be used.
- Upload the PPT named as <TeamName>_<LeaderName> on D2C submission link in the format .ppt or .pptx
- The decisions of the organizers will be final and binding on all participants.
- The participants must carefully read through and agree to the following Terms & Conditions: All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity and final judgments will be with the organizing committee of Vista, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. The format and structure of events on campus could be subject to change before the actual beginning of the event.