IIM Bangalore’s International business summit Vista 2020, in association with MaSH, the Marketing Club of IIMB, presents MarkGuru. The world of marketing is changing dramatically, not only because of the availability of a variety of marketing platforms or data or trends but because of the consumer who is becoming wiser and hence, more immune to generic marketing gimmicks. Marketers need to be spontaneous and on-point in their approach. MarkGuru tests this ability of new-age marketers on how impactful they can be in their communications and innovative in their strategies for the problem at hand.
Round 1 First Prelims – Theme Based Video Ad (Submission Deadline: 10th October’20)
More than 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day. Social videos generate 1200% more shares than text and images combined. Moreover, nearly 80% of users recall a video ad more easily that they see online. Hence, the first round will test how well you can create videos that not only capture the essence of the brand or product but also make them ‘recall’. Don on your creative hats and show us ‘Magic of Moment Marketing’ through your video advertisement.
Round 2 Case-based Competition (Submission Deadline: 29th October’20)
When it comes to evaluating the quintessential marketing skills, what’s better than a real-time business problem? In the final round, you will be solving real-life case showcasing your understanding of the marketing challenges and ability to curate the best strategy for a modern-day consumer. Remember, the consumer is the king!
Round 3 Finals (Date TBB)
The top 10 teams will be shortlisted to present their solution to our judges in 6 minutes on Zoom. Additional 4 minutes will be provided to each for a small Q&A session. Teams will be judged on uniqueness and creativity of the strategy and understanding of consumer behaviour.
Case prizes worth Rs. 1,00,000
Certificate of appreciation to all the finalists.
- The registrations will close by 11:59:59, 10th October
- Round 2 case will be accessible to the teams that qualify round 1.
- Teams must comprise minimum 2 and maximum 3 members, all of whom must be enrolled in a graduate or a post-graduate program at the time of the prospectus submission.
- All participants must belong to the same institute.
- An institute can have any number of teams participating. However, if a team member is found participating as a part of more than one team, all such teams shall be disqualified.
- Send the PPT named as <TeamName>_<CollegeName> via D2C.
- Only the first submissions made by teams before the deadlines will be used.
- All rounds will be conducted online.