|Registration Start Date||14th August 2016 - 9:00 PM|
|Registration Close Date||2nd September 2016 - 11:55 PM|
|Min Number of Registrants For Group Registration||2|
|Max Number of Registrants For Group Registration||3|
|Prizes Worth||Rs 25,000|
“We live in a time of great change in computing, where unreasonable effectiveness of algorithms, cloud, IoT, and data are changing how applications are built, period. Even if you are on the right track, if you don’t hop on this bandwagon and actually build things and deploy them and take advantage of their strength, you won’t be very effective.” Speaking at a machine learning and artificial intelligence event, Joseph Sirosh, corporate VP of the Data Group at Microsoft, outlined five trends to watch in a world he described as “ACID”: Algorithm, Cloud, IoT, and Data.
The Next Big Wave invites students and corporates to envision ahead of time and create disruptive business models that can leverage the various incredible ACID scenarios and turn them ideas into reality. Battle it out with the best minds of the country in this new cyber-physical galaxy to emerge as the promising new sun of the modern economy. Business model could leverage any of the following topic.
1. “Every business is an algorithmic business”
2. “Cloud-hosted intelligence”
3. “Mission-critical intelligent apps”
4. “Industrial Internet of Things”
5. “Ultra-scale analytics”
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
- Round 1 is an elimination round
- Participants are required to email a soft copy of their executive summary as specified in the submission details section
- The word limit for executive summary is 1500 words
- Each entry should have a cover page mentioning the name of the participants, the name of the company/institution they belong to, email ids and telephone numbers of the participants
- Send us your entries in the format specified below in the Submission Details tab
Round 2 (On-Campus Finals):
Round 2 will be the final round and participants need to present their idea on stage followed with question answer session (12+5 minutes).
- The event is focused on creating disruptive business models that elaborate business ideas to help in making smart cities.
- It is open to participants from institutions as well as Corporate.
- It is a team event with minimum two and maximum four members allowed per team
- Company details will be kept confidential if preferred
Uttam Shetty : +91-9731948477
Email : email@example.com
Sahil Kukreja : +91-9711812454
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email your submission to email@example.com
- Submissions to be sent before: 23:59:59 hours, 31st August 2016
- Email subject line: NEXTBIGWAVE_‹Team Registration ID›_‹Institute Name›
- Submission format: .doc or .docx
- Body of email: Name, Contact Number, Email Id, Team Registration Id and Institute Name of each team member
- File name: NEXTBIGWAVE_‹Team Registration ID›_‹Institute Name›
- The executive summary (max 1500 words) should ideally give only the key points regarding:
- Summary of the idea
- Core team members and their functionality
- Customer perspectives: Need gap/Customer pain areas
- Market size
- Value proposition
- Product/Service Details
- Revenue model and pricing
8. Submissions would be judeged based on following parameters:
- Can I describe this business idea in 25 words or less?
- Does this business idea meet a need or solve a problem?
- What’s the closest thing to this business idea in the marketplace?
- What is the target segment for the proposed business model?
- Does this business idea take advantage of a new opportunity?
- Will this business idea make money — and how fast?
- What’s the biggest drawback or limitation to this business idea?