|Registration Start Date||18th August 2016 - 6:00 PM|
|Registration Close Date||3rd September 2016 - 11:55 PM|
|Min Number of Registrants For Group Registration||1|
|Max Number of Registrants For Group Registration||3|
|Prizes Worth||Rs 15,000|
India accounts for 20% of the Global burden of disease, 27% of neonatal deaths and 21% of child deaths. A weak primary healthcare system coupled with unequal distribution of skilled medical professionals form the core of India's healthcare problems. As per a Mckinsey report, Internet of Things (IoT) based healthcare systems could have a global value of $ 1.1 trillion by 2020 and India can't afford to miss the bus. IoT based technology like eICU, Smart pills and cloud-based storage and monitoring of patient data can go a long way in improving the efficiency of the healthcare sector.
At Metamorphosis, we invite the participants to present a potential solution to India's healthcare problems through IoT.
This round is an elimination round.
Submission of a brief proposal (800 words max) regarding the potential scope of IoT in healthcare segment of India. The participants have to choose between the following two topics
- Come up with a business model for Indian hospitals and healthcare institutions to leverage the IoT wave and come up with patient-centric healthcare solutions.
- Develop a Go-to-Market (GTM) strategy for a healthcare startup, on how to leverage the recent technical innovations in the field of IoT.
The business strategy for hospitals and healthcare institutions should have a two-fold objective; improving the quality of patient-care and maximizing potential of the Medical resources through IoT. The proposal should also throw some light on the possible roadblocks and challenges they could face while implementing IoT.
While, the Go-To-Market strategy should aim on how to introduce and breakthrough the traditional healthcare sector. The aim will be to come up with a business strategy (Value chain design and marketing strategy) for the latest innovations in the field. The participants can come up with their own technology (feasible) or choose any of the upcoming innovations in the field.
Round 2 – Final Round (During Vista: 23rd – 25th September)
Details to be announced later
Each team can have a maximum of 3 participants. This event is open to corporates, graduate students and post-graduate students.
- Members of the team can be from different institutes.
- Teams are required to register on the IIMB Vista website, and participate in the preliminary round. All teams must compulsorily have a team name which is to be registered on the website.
- All the strategies and business models must be prepared based on the Indian context
- 8 teams will be shortlisted for round 2 on-campus presentation
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity and final judgments will be with organizing committee of VISTA, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
Soumik Sarangi: +91-8083184579
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Akshat Raj : +91-8860200727
E-mail – email@example.com
Rujhan Gupta : +91-8527171140
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 1 – Pre-Vista prelims
- Submit your proposal to email@example.com
- Should not exceed 800 words (Font: Calibri; Font Size: 12; Line spacing: 1.15), excluding exhibits
- Subject line of email: Metamorphosis_TeamName
- Submission Format: MS Word
- Body of Email: Name, Contact Number, Email Id, Team Registration Id, Institute Name of each team member
- Filename : TeamName_CollegeName
Deadline: 23:59:59, 3rd September 2016