|Registration Start Date||14th August 2016 - 9:00 PM|
|Registration Close Date||2nd September 2016 - 11:55 PM|
|Min Number of Registrants For Group Registration||2|
|Max Number of Registrants For Group Registration||3|
|Prizes Worth||Rs 25,000|
“War is ninety percent information” declared the great Napoleon Bonaparte and his words have never been as meaningful as they are today. In a world where everybody is inquisitive for insights, making inferences and strategizing their way to the top, the field of data analytics is gaining prominence quickly.
Forum for Industrial Interaction, IIM Bangalore presents to you an exclusive Data Analytics event, powered by Analytics Vidhya!
Show your mettle in a battle of numbers, prediction, and accuracy!
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
This is an elimination round
Details about the case and the portal for submitting the solution will be sent out to the registered teams on 1st September 2016
Participants can use Excel/R/SPSS or any other tool for modelling
Round 2 (On-Campus Finals):
1. 6-8 shortlisted teams have to submit a presentation explaining the rationale of model
2. Present the strategy the MBA school should use to select candidates to the panel in the final round
3. One winner and one runner-up to be declared among the team
This is a team event, with each team consisting of 3 participants. Members of the team can be from different institutes and/or corporates
This event is open to business and post-graduate students, as well as students pursuing an undergraduate major in finance or a related discipline. Professionals working in companies are also allowed to participate
Teams are required to register on the IIMB Vista website, and subsequently login on the designated portal (login details will be mailed to all registered teams)
The submissions are to be attempted in a team, not individually
IIM teams with students going on exchange are welcome to participate as long as there are 2 team members available during Vista
The participants must carefully read through and agree to the following Terms & Conditions before registering:
The team getting the maximum correct predictions in the Test dataset will be shortlisted for the next round.
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity, and final judgments will be with organizing committee of VISTA, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- The format and structure of events are subject to change before the actual beginning of the event
Sahil Kukreja: +91-9711812454
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Prateek Manudhanya: +91-9990775566
The data used is purely fictional, and any resemblance to any company is purely coincidental
Teams to limit themselves to the data provided in the case and any assumptions are to be clearly stated in the slides
Teams to present their cases on campus (Further details to be communicated after first round).
Round 1 (Pre-Vista Prelims):
Team registrations to be done on Vista website
One person has to register from each team with the team details.
Registrations to be done before: 11:59:59 hours, 31th August 2016
Submissions on the designated portal to be made before: 11:59:59 hours, 7th September 2016
Along with the submission of solution on the portal (details of which will be sent out later), the team also has to submit a 5 slide presentation to email@example.com explaining Code/Steps used for modelling named as DATA&BEYOND_‹Team Registration ID›_‹Institute Name›_Round 1
Results and Round 2 shortlists to be announced on 8th September 2016
Round 2 (On-Campus Finals)
1. Submissions to be sent before: 11:59:59 hours, 20th September 2016
2. Submissions to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Subject line of Email: DATA&BEYOND_‹Team Registration ID›_‹Institute Name›_Round 2
4. Body of Email: Name, Contact Number, Email Id, Team Registration Id, Institute Name of each team member
5. Submission format: .ppt/.pptx
6. Elaborate instructions about the Round 2 presentation would be sent to the shortlisted teams